Friday, November 20, 2009

Songs of Thanksgiving and the Sounds of Rejoicing

I will not have access to this journal during the week of Thanksgiving, let alone the actual day, so I thought I would go ahead and speak on it now.

Few are so lucky to be seeing the world in these economic times, let alone from their own student money.
Few have the resources to pay for college and have some money leftover for which they can decide their own purposes.
Few have the chance to get a university education.
Few can afford to eat a sumptuous dinner this Thursday night.
Few can even put a meal on the table for their families.
Few have parents who love them enough to hold the reins on them until they have been trained up to live successful lives.
Few have homes with air conditioning and heating for whatever may come, as well as walls that withstand the storms outside.
Few can call one bed their own, let alone one in two places.
Few can browse the grocery store and pick up tea and ice cream.
Few can spend their spare time reading novels and gazing at the sky.
Few can call a person in their town for coffee and connection.

May I see the many others in the world every time I point up high and claim that I lack anything, for I lack nothing.

May I pay forward what has been given to me although I have nothing within me deserving of the blessings I have.

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." -- Luke 6:38

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the world around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment